Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crochet Classes for IHM - Part 3 - Class Information



Hey Friends,

A lot many people took the poll... the number is larger than what I expected ! Which is always a great thing :-)
So I've decided to have classes on both days -
Wednesday, 16th Sept and
Friday, 18th Sept

The classes will be an hour long, give or take a few minutes. They will be just the same as far as content is concerned. Sometimes I get different set of questions from the participants in different classes and I assimilate them in the Follow up post for the class (which you will see on my blog soon after the class) just so everyone can read about what we learnt in class.




These classes are for BEGINNERS ONLY. If you are new to crochet or if this is your first time holding a crochet hook, you are MOST WELCOME TO THE CLASS !!! We will be talking about yarns, learning about crochet basics and we'll practice as many stitches as possible. This class will be aimed towards getting you ready to begin your first crochet project.



WHAT TO GET FOR THE CLASS -

1. YARN - 4ply worsted 100% cotton yarn
2. NEEDLE - US Size G crochet hook (4mm or 4.25mm)

Cotton yarns are the best to begin with because -
a. They are not very stretchable so you will be able to work with it without issues;
b. They are best to practice with since they are thick enough;
c. They come in such a variety of color... you'll be surprised.



So when you go looking for this yarn, just look for "Sugar n Creme" or "Peaches n Cream" cotton yarns (I am adding a few pictures of the cotton yarn that we will be using in the class). These are readily available in stores like Michaels, Joann, Walmart, Hobby Lobby etc.... these are fun to work with.. and you can choose from a wide variety of colors !!!

Feel free to leave me your questions and comments.

4 comments:

  1. I have enrolled myself to the class....I am very very excited abt it as it is going to be my first time. I read all that is required for the class....I don't have a webcam...is it still possible to learn?? Let me know so that I can buy the supplies....
    BTW ur blog is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Thank you for being so excited !
    You will not need a webcam, you will only need to watch. Thats all. I have posted everything you will need for the class.

    Thank you for the compliments !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi some how i was not able to attend the class both day
    Is it possible u can take the class in the afternoon .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog will be updated when I have new classes scheduled. Do follow the threads....

    Best !

    ReplyDelete